Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Sad

Thank you tim for putting this site together and for posting the pics.

Having been in Thailand for 6 months now, I've never felt so far away from Seattle as I do right now. Seeing the photos of everyone together at Kasi's makes me miss the excellent community that we have established.

We are now shy one crucial member.

[Lara at trout creek in November- from Tim's site]

My last strong memory of Lara is last November when a whole bunch of us went to Trout Creek. We had a keg of some kind of very strong beer (the kind you can't get in Thailand) and many of us (I can't actually remember if Lara drank or not, but does it really matter?) were sitting around a few too beers too late telling limitless jokes. Her, Jed and Colin were jabbing back and forth with joke after crude joke. Oh yeah, and we had a great time climbing too. It was a classic weekend doing great things with good friends and one which I think of often over here.

Being quite removed from it all over here, it will take me a while to have it sink in that Lara is gone. I wish i could go through the grieving process with everyone. The technology makes it easier, but it would nice to be in the room with my community and hear the stories and feel the intensity of it all. Without it, I feel like it won't sink in that Lara is gone. It won't feel real for a while and I will be in a state of limbo for a while.

I feel sad. Sad for Chad, sad for Lara's dad, sad for everyone and sad for myself.

At this point I'd like to put in a joke or something to make myself feel better, but perhaps I can leave that up to Jed or Colin, they are the geniuses of joke.

I look forward to seeing you all this summer. I don't look forward to having Lara among those that I won't see.

Marshall

No comments: