Lara’s life reads like an adventure novel now that I look back and think of all the stories she has told me and hearing from everyone and their experiences with her.
I will remember Lara for her endless energy, her perseverance, her confidence and gumption, her smile, her hugs that would make you feel oh so better, her check-ins to assure that you are doing a-okay, her encouragement and support when you were trying to accomplish a goal and her advice when you asked for it.
Lara would go run, climb, and cycle with me even though I am not remotely close to her level in any of these sports but that never mattered. What mattered was that she enjoyed doing these activities with me and I never felt out of place being in her company.
I enjoyed our walks with her doggies and remember her impersonating Chavez or Greedy, which she did ever so often, stating what they were trying to say at that very moment. She always was willing to check in on my cats when I would go away even though she really did not like cats that much and actually was rather scared of getting bitten by them.
I also remember dancing with her at some of Tim and Marshall’s parties until the early morning hours. She loved to dance and we would laugh and dance and shake our booties to the groove.
What I cherished the most about here was her ability to express how she felt. I remember times when we would be on the phone or saying goodbye in person and she would tell me that she loved me. Always out of the blue but so much appreciated and reciprocated. She was one of my best friends.
Lara I love you very much and I will miss you dearly.
XOXO Ratna

No comments:
Post a Comment