Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Remembrance Slideshow


This is a more produced version of the looping slideshow at the reception following Lara's funeral on 5 May, 2007. Duration: 7min 20sec.

Images were submitted by Lara's friends and family; they were compiled in a somewhat chronological fashion though my familiarity with the who's who of Lara's life is limited to the more recent years. Music was a compromise of my tastes, what I knew of Lara's, the numerous suggestions I received, and what I felt would satisfy a broad audience.

The final images are of Lara's last day. The last image is of "Lara Shan," a first ascent by Chad Kellogg, Joe Puryear, and Jay Janousek. Named for Lara.

These images, this slideshow, and the funeral images will be available on CD soon-ish. I will make copies for a select few who I will list and, like the phone tree, they can be copied and distributed.

Thanks,
Tim Matsui

5 comments:

- said...

Hey Tim, it was probably just a fluke but right after my post about "Doggie" you put up this slide show and low and behold, there's Doggie in the first picture when he still had his stuffing. Mark

steve hyde said...

Tim,

It's beautiful. Nice work..

Steve

Anonymous said...

Tim, thank you for the incredible work put you into the photos and blog. When I try to play the looping slideshows, the sound comes on fine, and a few slides, then the screen turns black. Any suggestions? Karen Wang

Anonymous said...

Karen,

I am not sure but it could be the audio loads first, then the images, and as you play it the images are still trickling in. It could be a bandwidth issue, but I don't know. It works fine on my Mac, with Firefox and DSL. I know others with PC's and DSL have viewed it fine. I'm sorry I can't be of further help however there are a few copies of the slideshows on CD circulating and (hopefully) getting burned to pass on to others.

Best,
tim

- said...

tim
After several successive attempts to play the slide show the images finally all appeared--you were right, probably they were taking time to load. Thank you for the incredible slides, and for helping keep Lara alive in my memory, Karen